Sorry for the inconvenience.
Search again what you are looking for
Laurent-Perrier is a House with a colourful history. Established in 1812 by one Alphonse Pierlot – a man who had acquired skills from bottling at Chigny-les-Roses – the House chose Tours-sur-Marne as its location, and this was where the first building blocks were laid...a foundation that would lead to a number of remarkable changes throughout the coming generations.
After Alphonse's demise, a Cellar Master who went by the name of Eugene Laurent acquired the company. For some time afterwards, the brand was in safe hands, and Eugene and his wife looked after all the processes, making sure that the House's legacy was not allowed to falter.
In 1887, though, everything changed again. It was then, when Eugene passed away, that his wife Mathilde seized control of this now long established House. And it was at this point that things changed – the brand retaining its original essence, but turning into something more as its name morphed into that of Veuve Laurent-Perrier. It was here, now, that success really flourished, leading the firm into a coveted position. After a great many years, all the hard work was finally paying off and Laurent-Perrier was firmly making its mark on the difficult to infiltrate Champagne landscape.
The year of 1949 yet again saw new ownership. Bernard de Nonancourt took over, and with this change came yet more progression. At the heart of this new era was a change in the wine-making process – one which saw stainless steel tanks used, enabling complex aromas to form while the freshness was not compromised.